- Bold Scientists: dispatches from the battle for honest science. Between the Lines, 2014.
- Our Way to Fight: peace-work under siege in Israel-Palestine. Pluto Press (UK), Lawrence Hill Books/Chicago Review Press (US), Between the Lines (Canada). 2011.
- An Unauthorized Biography of the World: oral history on the front lines. Between the Lines, 2005.
- Eating Fire: family life, on the queer side. Between the Lines, Toronto, 2001.
- Out Our Way: gay & lesbian life in the country. Between the Lines, Toronto, 1996. Reprinted 1998.
- The First Stone: homosexuality & the United Church of Canada. McClelland and Stewart, Toronto, 1990. Reprinted 1992.
- Listen to the Indians: oral history and land claims. Article for The Beaver/Canada’s History, December/January issue, 2004/5.
- Big Business. Essay, Descant, September issue, 2004.
- All Our Yesterdays: doing oral history in Canada. Feature article for The Beaver/Canada’s history. April/May issue, 2003.
- Numerous article and reviews, for The Globe & Mail, The New Internationalist, Toronto Life, Xtra, 1989-2002.
- Cause & Effluent: ecological waste management for rural communities. Wrote, directed & produced, with students at Loyalist College, Belleville. 2003.
- Uranium: mining & native lands. Wrote, for National Film Board of Canada. 1991. Winner, Golden Sheaf Award, Best Documentary over 30 min, Yorkton Film Festival, 1991.
- AIDS: A Challenge to Health Care (and) AIDS: Beyond the Fear. Wrote & directed, 1984.
- Bone Marrow Transplant & You. Wrote & directed, for Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, 1983.
- Celebration: heart health. Wrote & directed, for Ontario Heart and Stroke Foundation, 1975.
- The Straight Child: scoliosis surgery. Wrote & directed, Hospital for Sick Children. Winner: Silver Medal, New York Film Festival, 1971.
- Also: wrote films for The Nature of Things/Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, Canadian Cancer Society; Ontario Ministry of Community and Social Services.
Radio plays (all broadcast on CBC Radio, the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, FM & AM networks)
- Quiet in the Hills. Winner: 1983 ACTRA Award, Best Writer, Radio Drama. Political thriller.
- The Other Cheek. Thriller, 30 min, 1980.
- Particles. Nuclear war thriller, 1983. ACTRA Award Nominee.
- The Other Side of the Moon. Biographical fiction, 1984. ACTRA Award Nominee.
- Albert, Albert. Sports satire, 1986. ACTRA Award Nominee.
- The Rising of the North. Political satire on international water war, 30 min, 1986.
- Rapture. Biographical drama, Marie de l’Incarnation, 1987.
- The Story of the Beginning of the End of Things. Refugee drama, 1988.
- Crisis: A trio of morality plays. 30 minutes each, for Vanishing Point, 1988:
- Dirty Hands. Capital punishment fantasy
- The Rat Agenda. Satire on the use of animals in research.
- Can You Hear Me? Political drama on effects of globalization.
- Political Asylum. Five 15-minute episodes, small town satire. Broadcast on Morningside, 1989.
- Garbage. Ecology drama. 1989.
- God’s Teeth. Historical drama, the making of the King James Bible. 1994.
- The Middle of Nowhere. Series of 13 half-hour rural mysteries. Aired on Morningside and The Mystery Project, CBC Radio. 1996.
- Zatoun: a life story. Four-part radio documentary series on grassroots project to import fair trade olive oil from farmer cooperatives in the West Bank, Palestine. Podcast, 2009.
- Borderlands. Produced 18 half-hour documentaries on international issues. Broadcast on 23 community/campus radio stations, November 1997-April 1998.
- Well, Well. Co-produced 14 half-hour documentaries on community health issues in Ontario. Broadcast on community/campus radio stations, 1992.
- To Tell Our Own Stories. Co-produced 14 half-hour documentaries on literacy in Canada. Broadcast on community/campus radio stations, 1991.
- From a Different Perspective. Produced 18 half-hour documentaries on human rights and international issues, for the Development Education Centre. Broadcast on community/campus radio stations, 1984-5.
- Them. Produced 4-program series on multiculturalism, Ideas, Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. 1980.
- The Pit. Produced 60-min special on futures trading. CBC Special, 1981.
- A Soft Voice from the Edge. Produced documentary on performance art, CBC, 1987.