Available September 4, 2014
“A gripping tale of heroic scientists working in the public interest despite powerful
opposition. At once, both tremendously hopeful and profoundly disturbing. The world
needs more bold authors like Michael Riordon.”
Thomas Duck, Associate Professor, Department of Physics and Atmospheric Science,Dalhousie University, Halifax, Canada
“Silence is consent, my fellow scientists. Riordon’s profiles in courage encourage us to take our data and our voices into the gladiator’s arena and engage in the great moral and political battles of our time. As Bold Scientists so clearly shows, it’s where we belong.”
Sandra Steingraber, Ph.D., author of Living Downstream: An Ecologist’s Personal Investigation of Cancer and the Environment; co-founder, Concerned Health Professionals of New York
When the river roared. First Nations, a long view.
Digging thistles. An experimental post-oil farm.
A dialogue with the world. Biology, from the ground up.
Blood on my hands. Life and death in the garden.
Stolen children. In El Salvador, war, genes and human rights.
The Cloud. Watching Big Brother.
ODD. Psychology and power
Awe. The wisdom of a spider web.
Pesky data. Under lakes, dark truths.
The unsolved problem. Fracking: homeland insecurity.
When the lights go out. Awakening in an ice storm.
No time for cowardice. An elemental fight for science and democracy.
Bold Scientists: dispatches from the battle for honest science
- Pre-order it from independent bookstores and Chapters/Indigo stores across Canada.
After September 4th:
- Purchase or order Bold Scientists from local retailers or libraries across Canada.
- Purchase it directly from the publisher, Between the Lines, online (within Canada) at http://btlbooks.com/book/bold-scientists, or by phone toll-free at 1-800-718-7201.
- Purchase online through Amazon.
- Internationally, the book will also be available via Central Books Ltd: email@example.com / centralbooks.com. (Tel) +44 20 8986 4854.
Unspun science for dangerous times